In recognition of a commitment to quality and an ongoing dedication to the learning and development of children, Sandusky City Schools has received a Five-Star Step Up To Quality Award from the State of Ohio.
Step Up To Quality is Ohio’s rating system for learning and development programs. Participating programs can earn a one-to five-star rating.
In addition to meeting all standards of a five-star rating, programs with five stars may also:
· Have lower staff/child ratios.
· Use child assessment results to plan activities that best support learning and development goals for each child.
· Share assessment results and create goals for children.
· Develop plans to support children as they transition to a new classroom or educational setting.
· Work with other organizations or businesses within the community to support children and their families.
· Have an active and organized parent volunteer group.
· Use input from families and community partners’ to inform the program’s continuous improvement process.
· Have accreditation by an approved organization.