To provide a diverse educational experience where all students will become respected, productive, and valued members of our community.
Over 3,500 students make up Sandusky City Schools. We have a diverse student population and a district rich in pride, tradition, and excellence. Our vibrant city is the heart of Vacationland. We are a port community and the county seat of Erie County. With a shoreline stretching 22 miles, it’s no wonder over 25,000 people call Sandusky home.
Highlights of Sandusky City Schools
- Our Building Better Dreams Facilities Project was made possible by our community passing 'Issue 12'. We recently opened two new school buildings, the Sandusky Intermediate School and the Sandusky Primary School during the 2020 School year. Hancock Elementary is the next building in this project, which is currently under construction to become the new Sandusky Early Learning Academy.
- Our elementary program starts in Preschool. We are awarded a 5-star rating for our Mills Elementary Preschool program from the Ohio Department of Education. We offer all-day Kindergarten and hold a Kindergarten Camp in the summer for incoming Kindergarteners.
- The Regional Center for Advanced Academic Studies (RCAAS) provides gifted services for students of the district. It is the only all-day gifted program in the region. RCAAS begins in the third grade.
- Our middle school students are housed at Sandusky High School allowing for easy access to advanced classes and utilization of high school space for 7th and 8th grade students.
- Sandusky High School offers many innovative programs for our 9th – 12th grade students. These programs include Blue Streak University, The Global Internship Experience, The Great Lakes Visual and Performing Arts Academy, Sandusky Digital Learning Center, Athletics, and Activities. Our programs help SHS students become well-rounded and ready for college, the military, or a career.
- Sandusky City Schools offers 75+ athletics and activities for students in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade.
- The Sandusky Career Center is a program for adults who are seeking a career change, enhancement, or continuing education classes. The Career Center offers a range of certificated short and long-term programs. The Career Center also offers classes in GED, WorkKeys Preparation, English Speakers of Other Languages, basic skills refresher classes, and career planning.