Attention Sandusky City Schools Parents,
Sandusky City Schools is pleased to inform you that we will be continuing the option available to schools participating in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs called the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for the 2022-2023 school year.
What does this mean for you and your children attending Sandusky City Schools?
Great news for you and your students! All enrolled students K-12 are eligible to receive a ‘Hot Healthy Breakfast and Lunch’ at school at no charge to your household each day of the 2022-2023 school year. No further action is required of you. Your child(ren) will be able to participate in this meal program without having to pay a fee or submit an application.
Please contact Mr. Brad Kraft, Sandusky City Schools Food Service Director with any questions.
Sandusky City Schools Food Service Director
407 Decatur Street Sandusky, Ohio 44870
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
While Congress did not extend the free meals for all students program for the 22-23 school year, students attending the seven Sandusky City Schools participating in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) will continue to receive free meals without the requirement of completing a free & reduced priced meals application.
- CEP is a provision that allows eligible schools to offer meal service to students at no charge for lunch and breakfast.
- CEP allows schools that predominately serve low-income children to offer free, nutritious school meals to all students through the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program.
- CEP used information from other programs including the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
The seven Sandusky City CEP schools are:
- Sandusky Early Learning Academy
- Sandusky Primary School
- Sandusky Intermediate School
- The Regional Center for Arts & Academic Studies
- Sandusky Middle School
- Sandusky High School
- Sandusky Digital Learning Center