Beginning on Monday, November 28th, 2022, Sandusky Middle and High School parent drop-off and pick-up will be moved to the front circle of Sandusky High School. Bus drop-off and pick-up will be moved to the back of Sandusky Middle/High School. Buses will line the outside perimeter of the rear parking lot fence, while the rear parking lot will continue to be utilized for staff and student parking.
All parents are required to drop-off and pick-up students in the front circle of Sandusky High School. This transition aims to reduce traffic and congestion behind Sandusky Middle/High School to create a safer environment for all. This transition is also in preparation for the upcoming construction project for the Sandusky Aquatic Center. Additional information on the Sandusky Middle/High School rear parking lot adjustments will be communicated in the Spring of 2023 as construction begins.
• Families are prohibited from utilizing local shopping center parking lots for drop-off and pick-up of students.
• The front circle will be a right turn only to exit during drop-off and pick-up times. Memorial Drive (the road between the High School and Intermediate School will be used for overflow pick-up).
• The most efficient drop-off and pick-up location for families at SMS/SHS will be in the front circle of the high school. Staff will be outside to assist. This is a transition back to how drop-off and pick-up took place a few years ago.
• Please do not pass or go around buses in the rear parking lot of SMS/SHS to ensure the safety of all pedestrians who are boarding buses and crossing the road.
• Please remember to follow all traffic signage, recognize all crosswalks, and travel slowly when traveling behind SMS/SHS.
• Sandusky Intermediate pick-up and drop-off will remain the same.