Student eligibility requirements are as follows:
• The re-enrollee is a resident of the State of Ohio.
• The re-enrollee has not obtained a bachelor’s degree from any accredited institution of higher education.
• The re-enrollee disenrolled (“stopped out”) from a state institution of higher education in Ohio and did not transfer to another institution of higher education in the three semesters (four quarters) immediately following the disenrollment.
• The re-enrollee was in good academic standing with no record of disciplinary issues (including suspension or expulsion) at the time of disenrollment.
• The re-enrollee is enrolling in a qualifying institution within five years of their disenrollment.
• The re-enrollee’s start of re-enrollment will be on or after January 1, 2022.
• The re-enrollee is not enrolled in the College Credit Plus program.
• The re-enrollee completes the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and applies for any federal and state need-based grants and/or scholarships to which the student would be entitled as verified by the receiving institution.
• The re-enrollee is pursuing a credential or degree beyond that which they already possess (i.e., if the student possesses an associate degree, the student is pursuing a bachelor’s degree).
• The re-enrollee is not a recipient of one of the following state supported scholarships: Choose Ohio First Scholarship, Ohio Safety Officers College Memorial Fund, War Orphans and Severely Disabled Veterans’ Scholarship Program, or Ohio National Guard Scholarship.
Qualifying Institutions are defined as one of the following:
• A state institution of higher education, as defined in section 3345.011 of the Revised Code;
• A private nonprofit institution of higher education that holds a certificate of authorization pursuant to
Chapter 1713. of the Revised Code;
• An institution with a certificate of registration from the Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools
under Chapter 3332. of the Revised Code;
• A private institution exempt from regulation under Chapter 3332. of the Revised Code as prescribed in
section 3333.046 of the Revised Code;
• An Ohio Technical Center, as defined in section 3333.94 of the Revised Code.