Who will benefit from Sandusky Digital Learning Center?
Students who are: credit deficient, working students, caring for young children, experiencing attendance/truancy issues, at risk of failure, or currently dropped out of the school environment.
What is the Sandusky Digital Learning Center?
- A research based alternative educational opportunity.
- A structured option for students who have not experienced success in a traditional school setting.
- A campus-like atmosphere designed to meet the academic and social needs of students.
Student Opportunities Include:
- A Blended Curriculum
- Individualized instruction
- Virtual Learning Academy – over 150+ course options
- Course work aligned with Common Core
- Career Based Intervention
- Intensive OGT preparation
Advantages of the Sandusky Digital Learning Center:
- Safe, positive learning environment
- Small student – teacher ratios
- Students work at their own pace
- Individualized learning plans
- Choice between 2 sessions
- Working students can earn high school credit
- On-site academic and behavioral counseling services
- Strong collaboration among community agencies
- Continuous communication with parents
- Eligible students may participate in SHS extra-curricular activities
- Students have opportunity to transition back to SHS
- Graduates earn a Sandusky High School Diploma