Recommendation for the Next Phase of District Re-Entry Plan
We identified ten specific variables related to our recommended instructional model for the next phase of the Re-Entry Plan for the Sandusky City Schools. Those ten variables included:
1. communication and updates from the Erie County Health Department
2. structure and format of our communication plan to the public regarding COVID-19 related data points and information
3. current staffing and personnel implications
4. current parent request to transition from in-person to virtual
5. review of our sanitation, cleaning, timelines, and communication to internal staff for buildings and grounds
6. review of area and regional trends
7. athletics and extra-curricular activities
8. survey data from parents, students, faculty, staff and administrators
9. operational efficiency and implementation for staff in food service, transportation, and building maintenance
10. technology readiness
The recommendation is that the Sandusky City Schools implement a 100% virtual platform starting Monday, November 30, 2020 through Monday, January 18, 2021. The in-person option for students will resume on Tuesday, January 19, 2021. Parents who wish to continue their children on the virtual platform after January 19, 2021 may continue to do so. Based on our review of the ten criteria listed above we believe that this is our best option for this next phase. Other key decisions:
• When the in-person and virtual option resumes on January 19, 2020, it is the intent of the district to remain with the in-person option throughout the remainder of the 2020- 2021 academic year.
• This recommendation is contingent upon any other decision or determination made by the Governor of the State of Ohio or the Ohio Department of Education.
• Parents are encouraged to send their questions to Dr. Eugene Sanders, Chief Executive Officer and Superintendent of the Sandusky City Schools. He can be reached at 419.984.1000 or via email: [email protected]
• We will continue to be open to suggestions and recommendations.